Skocz do zawartości

ELAC Debut Ref. DBR62 - what amp?

Black Boar

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Hello,

Yesterday a pair of ELAC Debut Reference DBR62 arrived at my lair and now I’m in need of an amplifier. These speakers are on the warmer side, they’re balanced (even too balanced for some), laid back. They’re standing in a small room, which is a factor. In case one is interested, one can read a detailed review right here (graphs and measurements included).

The situation is slightly unusual, because I’m a metalhead (mostly classic heavy metal and atmospheric black). However, contrary to the stereotype, I rarely crank up the volume; I enjoy natural, dynamic sound, and thus I buy only old uncompressed CD pressings or Vinyl.

I’d rather not buy an amp more expensive than 500$ unless there’s something exceptional slightly beyond that price range, in which case I’m ready to eat maggots for a month to save more money.

I’d be grateful for some suggestions from more experienced than me. Personally I'm thinking about something from Onkyo, like A-9110, A-9130, or A-9150. I don’t need digital inputs as I prefer an external DAC, but A-9110 is 2x50W while the other two are 2x60W (the recommended power for my speakers is 120W+).

Best Regards

Edytowane przez Black Boar

• Admin
29 minut temu, Black Boar napisał:

Personally I'm thinking about something from Onkyo, like A-9110, A-9130, or A-9150. I don’t need digital inputs as I prefer an external DAC, but A-9110 is 2x50W while the other two are 2x60W (the recommended power for my speakers is 120W+)

It does not matter if the amplifier is 50 or 60 W. Human hearing has a logarithmic characteristic. We will not hear an amplifier with twice as much power as playing twice as loud, but slightly louder. Of these three, I would prefer the 9150 model (higher).

30 minut temu, Black Boar napisał:

in which case I’m ready to eat maggots for a month

What does the chef recommend? ;):)  

I would buy the 9150, but the problem is it has many features I don't need that uplift the price.

I also have an option to buy a Primare A20 MKIII for a lower price in a VG condition. I'm... thinking...

2 hours ago, sherlock said:

What does the chef recommend? ;):)  

Karaluchy. Pożywne i wbrew pozorom czyste insekty. ;)

Aby zobaczyć więcej treści proszę zarejestrować się.