Skocz do zawartości

Kenwood KR-8010

carlsvin

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

IMG_20240129_152440329.jpg

Kenwood  KR-8010

I had sold all my vintage silver face receivers, as i prefer my integrated amps better.. But i got the bug to pick up another receiver, and i picked this Kenwood KR-8010 .

Was all original except for last owner had to have left channel fixed as it had blown a resister and two Zener diodes, So his tech replaced them and 4 caps on the power board.

Well it lasted for a week and then POOF left channel went out again and puff of smoke.  Searching for the cause was difficult as it fried parts on left amp board and it was like a domino effect, as one part fried another fried. 

Then after i got the board out i found the culprit. The wires going into the board were all stiff and crumbling with any movement and two wires had shorted together. I guess the last tech over looked this issue or past customer didnt want to spend more on correct fix. . 

So i did a complete recap, and also alot of new better resisters and also new wires going to the output transistors, and new Zener diodes on the left amp board. 

I was told this receiver sounds sweet after a service and yes it does sound nice and its a keeper. I call it Kenwoods sleeper receiver, as it is one of their 120 watt per channel units and it sounds better than others i had of same wattage

IMG_2726.JPG.941de27f75276af3f83efb9979754d7d.JPG

Sorry that i didnt take more pics. If i have the lid off again ill take some more pics

• Odpowiedzi 3
  • Dodano
  • Ostatniej odpowiedzi

Top użytkownicy w tym temacie

• sherlock

• carlsvin

• bilcor

Popularne dni

Top użytkownicy w tym temacie

Popularne posty

bilcor

Opublikowane grafiki

• Admin

Those were beautiful times. Now they make either some shoddy shit or very expensive equipment for people. The so-called "common use" equipment is supposed to be cheap, play somehow, and appearance is probably the least important thing about it. I was born too late and definitely not in the place I wanted.

Aby zobaczyć więcej treści proszę zarejestrować się.